MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: MoI Trial Version Question with Scripts and Commands

12 Sep 2021   [#1]
Hi,

I am running the trial version of MoI v4. I have copied over a scripts and a commands folder directly under the MoI directory, but none of the scripts or commands from these folders show up from within MoI. Is this due to this being a trial version or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Dave
12 Sep 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
For test command press Tab and write your filename without space...(and without name 's extension)

if it's just a line script put it inside the Shortcut Menu
and Press the Letter shortcut or Press Tab and write your script name without space

Generally there are2 files name commands for one commands to put inside the folder commands (Htm, Js)
12 Sep 2021   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Dave, no there isn't any limitation in the trial version for this. Maybe they are not in the folder that MoI is expecting, can you show a screenshot of what your folder structure looks like?

Also it's normal that with most plug-in commands that you won't see anything change in the MoI UI, you generally need to set up a shortcut key or type in the command name to launch a plug-in command.

- Michael
12 Sep 2021   [#4] In reply to [#2]
Hi Pilou,

Thanks for the reply, but forgive me if I'm not following this correctly. If I hit tab, it bounces between the coordinate, distance, angle, and grid snap button no mater where I click the mouse.

I have downloaded these scripts and commands off the forums. The scripts are just the JavaScript file. The commands have the JavaScript and the HTML file.

I have seen screenshots of different folks interface and it has extra buttons at the bottom for such commands and scripts. This is what I'm looking to duplicate.

Thanks,
Dave
12 Sep 2021   [#5] In reply to [#3]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply, good to know it's not a limitation, but I guess the problem is me. Below is a screen shot of the directory hierarchy.

I have added the other commands (JavaScripts and HTML files) to the Commands folder where the native commands reside. I just added the Script folder under the MoI root directory.

As I mentioned to Pilou, have seen screenshots of different folks interface and it has extra buttons at the bottom for such commands and scripts. This is what I'm looking to duplicate for quick easy access.

Thanks,
Dave

Image Attachments:
MoI Directory.png 

12 Sep 2021   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Dave, you have added them to the correct place, it is normal behavior that you don't see any changes in the UI. You can launch a command you have installed by either pressing Tab once to put focus in the XYZ input control and then type in the command name there, or set up a shortcut key to launch it.

There is a description of this on the FAQ here:
https://moi3d.com/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_install_a_plug-in_script.3F

> As I mentioned to Pilou, have seen screenshots of different folks interface and it has extra
> buttons at the bottom for such commands and scripts. This is what I'm looking to duplicate
> for quick easy access.

Those extra buttons are not part of the standard MoI UI, they are added by a UI mod called CustomUI which you can get here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.1

- Michael
12 Sep 2021   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Thanks for the prompt reply Michael.

I'll check out the links you provided below.

Thanks again,
Dave