MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Idea for another product

Show messages: All  1  2-4

18 Aug 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi dlbogdan, sorry I'm not really enthusiastic about making a conversion only version. It takes extra work to manage multiple product streams, I would rather focus on just one version instead.

Plus, the price of the regular version is already lower than most conversion utilities as it is.

re:
> If it's not too much to ask, please stop changing the names of the materials from the
> original file to LevelXX. The original (Fusion) names would be a lot more useful while
> managing them in blender post conversion.

Can you please send me an example file that has the layer names in it that you want to keep? I can take a look and see if it is possible to preserve those. You can e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com.

Thanks,

- Michael
18 Aug 2021   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Fair enough Michael.
Being a solo dev myself, I completely understand your pov.
However, you might want to consider expanding your team, especially since Apple ditched x86, you'll probably need to split your code a bit for PCs and Macs going down the line. Rosetta will be eventually obsolete.

Anyway,

I'll buy MOI as it is, even if I'll use only the conversion part. I played yesterday with the new Moi 4 on my iPad + the pen, remotely with Moonlight (Nvidia Shield protocol) and it was quite usable. That is a very specific scenario when I'd actually use Moi instead of Fusion, on the go If I have a sudden Moment of Inspiration. Badam tssss. :)

As for your request, I'll give it a look and come back to you with a sample.

Question:
Any plans to improve the conversion to mesh even further?
19 Aug 2021   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi dlbogdan,

re:
> However, you might want to consider expanding your team, especially since Apple ditched
> x86, you'll probably need to split your code a bit for PCs and Macs going down the line.
> Rosetta will be eventually obsolete.

Actually I've already finished the work for making a native M1 Mac build, you can see a previous discussion here:
https://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10036.1

The current status is that I'm still waiting for a universal binary for the SketchUp SDK for exporting to .skp format. Everything else other than that is functional.

So anyway no expanding the team will not be needed for that.

> Question:
> Any plans to improve the conversion to mesh even further?

I have some ideas to work on in the future but no short term plans for that currently.

- Michael

Show messages: All  1  2-4