MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: What Next? (Closed)

Show messages:  1-17  18-23

17 May 2021   [#18] In reply to [#14]
Hi Andy,
""""""Hours of effort spent just so I can make my copy of MoI look like tutorials I am trying to follow on YouTube."""""

So trying to make your UI look like Chipps, from 6 years ago?

This is your error. Even Chipp's UI has changed since then!!!

The forum is your answer. If you need something. Just ask. Someone here will help you out.

Customizing the UI??? That's a personal endeavor. Endeavor to persevere!
17 May 2021   [#19] In reply to [#14]
Hi Andy,
Also, the information is mostly there on the resources page.

Like all of Max's work. And it's not "cryptic or undocumented" they have a little link to the forum post with its description, install and use instructions, etc... it's a little grey button that says "forum thread"....

But the fact that it leads you to a 467 post thread is not "bad". Thats where you read about its installation and use and issues and triumphs others have had, and other customizations made along the way.

"FULL DOCUMENTATION" that you are requesting.
17 May 2021   [#20] In reply to [#18]
The CustomUI gives access to all of the built in functionality of MoI via it's menu system. I prefer point and click to memorizing lots of keyboard shortcuts or memorizing what I can enter after pressing tab. It's just the way I like to work. What is the problem with me wanting to do that? Why all of the resistance?

I don't really consider it "customizing", but more unlocking what is there and make it easier for me to use.

Who has time to read 400 pages of forum posts? Sorry, I don't. I would prefer a "follow steps X, and Y to get Z". If getting Z requires lots of research then it's too complicated IMO.

Andy
17 May 2021   [#21] In reply to [#19]
I mentioned several times in this thread why in my opinion that approach has issues.

Nowhere in this thread did I ask for "full documentation" or anything remotely like that.

Andy
17 May 2021   [#22] In reply to [#20]
Hi Andy,

re:
> What is the problem with me wanting to do that? Why all of the resistance?

There is no problem with you wanting to do that. I have explained now several times that I would like to make it easier to browse and install plugin scripts in the future but it has not been a priority and so it isn't part of the current product.

- Michael
17 May 2021   [#23]
Thread locked since it's not going anywhere productive.

Show messages:  1-17  18-23