MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Is it possible to have your settings saved inside of MOI's Commands UIs for the next time you return to MOI?

15 May 2021   [#1]
Hello guys,

Is ti possible to have your settings saved for a specific command's UI inside of MOI ? So, the next time you open MOI you don't need to reset them?

Example: I want to have Offset line around a curve but I want it to have caps, well I know I can check "cap ends" but this setting will be gone next time I open MOI.

Is it possible to have it there for the next time I return to MOI?
15 May 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Psygorn, sorry no MoI is intentionally designed to not save settings like that in between program runs because it causes a lot of problems. You end up with things like having difficulty following a tutorial because your command now behaves differently than the one on the tutorial just because you happened to experiment with some setting one time in the past.

But if you like it is possible to set up a keyboard shortcut that will run a command with some specific option values set.

For the cap ends option in offset you would set this as your key board shortcut:

Offset curvecapends=true

- Michael
15 May 2021   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Thank you Michael,

> Offset curvecapends=true

Where I can find more commands like this?
15 May 2021   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> Where I can find more commands like this?

Well that one for instance you can find in the UI for the offset command which is a file named Offset.htm inside the commands folder inside the MoI program files install.

That's where the check button for "Cap ends" is defined by this:

code:
    <moi:CheckButton id="curvecapends" ...

It's that id="" value for the control that can be set by giving a parameter to the command in the shortcut key definition.

- Michael
15 May 2021   [#5]
Hi Psygorn,

You could also use Max Smirnov's FatLines script for advanced outlining:

http://moi.maxsm.net/item/49