MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Asset management through Connecter

11 May 2021   [#1]

Dont know if that has been brought up but Rhino is connected through Connecter same as Maya...
Revit..Blender..might be a good idea since I posted a few years ago the suggestion to add an assetmanager...!

https://youtu.be/1FjYKQSZXBg

11 May 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi rayman, MoI is focused more on drawing new objects from scratch. If you need to assemble a scene of pre-made chairs and tables for rendering like in the video you linked, there are better programs to use for that. MoI is not really the best tool for that kind of job.

- Michael
11 May 2021   [#3]
But you can use the Moi Object Library by Max Smirnov! ;)
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.241

Minute 15:16 !

11 May 2021   [#4]

may I disagree this time.its not about assembly...! would find it practicle to use cutting objects also from Rhino or from Maya nurbs etc to make the things from scratch...
The nice thing is that one can add pictures to the the cutters..and...sort them by type ...etc.....
@frenchy Pilou thanks for the link..

11 May 2021   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi rayman, I didn't see any cutting happening in the video you linked to, it seemed to be about populating a living room with tables and chairs.

- Michael
12 May 2021   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Michael you are perfectly correct about that ..reason though is that the video is the only one I found about
connector and the version for Sketchup is still in the making as of today! Thought it was a good idea to point out that there is a new sort of standard coming up in the free app department..and I guess the api should be
available pretty easily! The other big solution
is that of Turbosquid but thats a 500$ license thing per year or so....out if discussion!
Building a moi 3d only one takes away
valuable development time that could be better
spent on Moi 3d core app development!
A second hub coming up is the new nvidia
hub that was presented for realtime
render and display with GTX 3000 architecture
Omniverse!
12 May 2021   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi rayman, I looked at it a bit more yesterday and I did not see any examples or descriptions on their page of it being used for modeling. Everything that it was showing was about making scenes like placing chairs in a living room type of stuff. Again my impression is that it's not really a fit for MoI as I previously described.

- Michael