MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Separate Tab from Side Pane

10 May 2021   [#1]
Q: Is it possible to separate a Tab from the side panel? (or at least the info on the (Transform) Tab so it's always visible)

I often feel that the Transform tab is hidden not in focus and I switch Tabs between Construct and Transform all the time. Therefor I wonder if I could have it visible all the time, by separating the Tab in the theme.

// RIL
10 May 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi RIL, try this:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10063.3

or this one:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9439.13

- Michael
10 May 2021   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Yup, that did the trick.

Unfortunately only three tabs can be open at the same time on a 1920x1200 screen.

Perhaps it is possible to shrink the panels a bit, or lock them open (even if the lowest one then can slide out of screen, but then I can chose myself which other panel I would close to the the lowest one back in view again, aso). Now it just forcefully closes the lowest tab.

Edit: I tried also the jf-script in the *first link*, but that one allows only one of the two lowest panes to be open at the same time, either Construct or transform, so that one doesn't make any difference really.

// RIL
10 May 2021   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi RIL, it is possible to shrink the panels (and all of the UI) down a little bit by using Options > General > "UI size". Move the slider a little to the left and all the UI will shrink down.

> Now it just forcefully closes the lowest tab

Yes, it's intentionally designed to behave like that. Trying to make an individually lockable setup would be pretty complicated.

- Michael
11 May 2021   [#5] In reply to [#4]
> Options > General > "UI size". Move the slider a little to the left and all the UI will shrink down.

Perfect! Moreover, if first shrinking until enough panels show, then one can increase again and they stay expanded.

Thanks!

// RIL