MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Array with progressively increasing gap?

7 May 2021   [#1]
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody knows a quick way to make an array along a path or along a direction that progressively increase the gap between the copies.

So, for instance, if I want to make 10 copies of the same object starting with a 300mm gap and progressively increase by 10%, the third piece will be spaced at 330mm, than 363, 399 and so on...

any suggestions?

Thanks.
Salvatore
7 May 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hey Sal,

"Shift array"....

http://moi3d.com/forum/lmessages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5595.4
7 May 2021   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Ah yes forgotten this one! :)

Else surely Elephant can do something!
7 May 2021   [#4] In reply to [#1]
Thanks Burr! To do it along a path, make it along a horizontal line first and then apply it to the path using Transform > Deform > Flow.

- Michael
10 May 2021   [#5]
That's perfect! Many thanks!

Salvatore
10 May 2021   [#6]
Hi Michael,

Are you sure this "Shift Array" still work on V4? I tried different times without results...

Salvatore
10 May 2021   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi Salvatore,

re:
> Are you sure this "Shift Array" still work on V4? I tried different times without results...

I just tested it and it's working ok for me over here in v4. Are you following the instructions to include a point object with each array instance?

- Michael
10 May 2021   [#8]
Yes works fine in V 4.0 ;)
Draw some Objects + a point at the same place/object for a regular result : with the Array / Dir for example...
Deselect all
call the plugin
Select all (objects + points)
Click Start - End first Step (here 2 unities) so gap result will be here 2 4 6 8
et voilĂ  :)

11 May 2021   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Hi,

Ok, it seems to work now... The only issue I found is that it only works once. So if after getting the result from shiftarray I undo the command I cannot repeat shiftarray unless I do a new array. Is that normal?

Thanks.

S
11 May 2021   [#10] In reply to [#9]
No! Seems a bug! :)

So UNDO to the start objet + point then Array DIr Select All call the Plug SHift Array etc...
11 May 2021   [#11] In reply to [#9]
Hey S.....

http://moi3d.com/forum/lmessages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5595.9