MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Loft/Swipe does not create solid out of curved text!

Show messages: All  1-4  5-6

6 May 2021   [#5] In reply to [#1]
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> Note: I was able to create solid texts using loft method. However when I bend the created text using
> flow command the curved text looks mirrored! Also I want the red surfaces inward the curvature not outward!

This will happen if you are not careful to control where you are picking on each backbone curve.

The flow command will make the base curve start at the end you click closest to, and match it to start on the target curve at the end that you clicked closest to there as well.

So make sure you click on the base and target curves close to the ends you want to match to control it.

https://moi3d.com/4.0/docs/moi_command_reference8.htm#flow
quote:

For curve-to-curve mode, start by selecting the objects you want to deform, then run the Transform > Deform > Flow command, then click on the base curve followed by a click on the target curve. The ends closest to where you click on the base and target curves will be matched together to be used as the starting points for the deformation. Usually the base curve is a line running down the center of the straight shape and the target curve is a bendy curve.

- Michael
7 May 2021   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Ok, Tanx it worked :)

Show messages: All  1-4  5-6