MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Moi <> Blender !

Show messages:  1-7  8-27  28-47  48-54

31 Dec 2023   [#48]
Hi,
I'm getting this error when trying to import from Blender 4 to Moi .
I don't get it when importing from Blender V3.
Any ideas
Cheers
Barry

Image Attachments:
Screenshot (26).png 

31 Dec 2023   [#49] In reply to [#48]
Hi Barry, can you post the .obj file? And maybe also the modified ImportObj script you're using too?

One guess is maybe the issue is if you have n-gons in the mesh. You might see if you can process any n-gons in Blender into triangles before making the .obj file out from Blender.

Note that it's generally not advisable to convert a dense polygon mesh file into CAD as an individual trimmed surface for every separate poly face like the ImportObj script is doing. That's why it's not part of the default import options.

- Michael
2 Jan   [#50] In reply to [#49]
Hi Michael,
I export to blender with n-gons no problem.
Sometimes I import the models back to Moi after some mod in Blender.
Perhaps that's the issue (n-gons) will try to change export from blender with triangles.
Will let you know the if that resolves my issue.
Cheers
Barry
7 Jan   [#51]
I wonder how realistic it is to create a bridge between the MOI and a blender of the same type as the plasticity one (in terms of functionality)?
What I saw is impressive in its capabilities...
7 Jan   [#52] In reply to [#51]
Seems to work fine on quad models but but not on ngons as I get this error as mentioned earlier in the thread.

With this plugin I can not export my MOI models to Blender for some finessing or retopo via Quad-Remesher and then via the Blender-3DCoat plugin into 3DC for uv mapping and texturing.

Cool and many thanks...

Now if only there was a Sketchup to MOI script (fingers crossed and 100 Hail Marys already prayed)....

Image Attachments:
MOI-Blender.JPG 

7 Jan   [#53] In reply to [#51]
What functionality does the Plasticity to Blender have? I have not played with Plasticity in several months, since my trial expired.
8 Jan   [#54] In reply to [#53]
More details about the bridge between plasticity and blender here
https://youtu.be/xOftfx05l14?si=dBXViDLFaymCkYBY

and here - at the very beginning
https://www.youtube.com/live/FGLLv-LG-Oc?si=4UTcq-9kynsn9UC3

Show messages:  1-7  8-27  28-47  48-54