MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Voronoi Script or plugin

Show messages:  1-8  …  69-88  89-108  109-128  129-148  149-168  169-188  189-198

9 Mar 2018   [#129]
O.k. scaled now with factor 100, much better, but still not there.

Maybe i have to try MoI v4 with your latest version.

Regards
Stefan

Image Attachments:
me2.jpg 

9 Mar 2018   [#130] In reply to [#129]
Hi Stefan

forget about the first version :)
Latest version uses different algorithm and it works much better.
Also it works fine with both MoI 3.0 and 4.0.

9 Mar 2018   [#131]
Voronoi.v.1.11.2018.03.09
Made some performance improvement (thanks to Stefan)

http://moi.maxsm.net/item/48
9 Mar 2018   [#132]
WOW Max,

thanks a lot! I will then use your new version immediately! :-)

Best regards
Stefan

Message 7177.133 was deleted

9 Mar 2018   [#134]
French Version Updated! :)
http://moiscript.weebly.com/scripts-de-max-smirnov.html
9 Mar 2018   [#135]
Hi Max,

i just tested the new version, amazing!

(Did a quick PayPal donation. :-))

Best regards
Stefan
9 Mar 2018   [#136] In reply to [#135]
Hi Stefan
Thank you! :)
9 Mar 2018   [#137]
Hi Max,

I have to thank you...!!!

I think i have some ideas, inspired by Pilou's recent image (the spiral),
for some new doodles. :-)

Best regards
Stefan
9 Mar 2018   [#138] In reply to [#131]

*@@@@@ &@@@@@@. .@@@@@@# @@@@@, *@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@# /@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@ *@@@@@@@@*
&@@@@@ @@@@@@* /@@@@@% @@@@@# &@@@@@@@@@@@@@@# .@@@@@@ @@@@@@, @@@@@@# @@@@@@@@@@@@@@#
@@@@@@ @@@@@@ @@@@@@ (@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@# @@@@@@ &@@@@@ (@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@%
*@@@@@@/ /@@@@@@ @@@@@@# @@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@/ @@@@@* %@@@@@* (@@@@@ @@@@@@@. /@@@@&
@@@@@@@@ /@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@# @@@@@@@# *@@@@# %@@@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@@ (@@@@@ @@@@@@% %@@&
.@@@@@@@@. /@@@@@@@@ %@@@@@@@# #@@@@@@@@ &@* @@@@@& @@@@@, %@@@@@@@ (@@@@@ /@@@@@& ,@&
@@@@@@@@@& /@@@@@@@@( %@@@@@@@@# @@@@@@@@@ * /@@@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@@@@ (@@@@@ @@@@@@ &
@@@@/@@@@@ /@@@@@@@@@/ #@@@@@@@@@# (@@@@(@@@@# @@@@@& @@@@@, %@@@@@@@@, (@@@@@ &@@@@@*
*@@@@ @@@@@/ /@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@# @@@@@ @@@@@ /@@@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@@@@@ (@@@@@ @@@@@@
@@@@& #@@@@@ /@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@# @@@@* @@@@@* @@@@@& @@@@@, %@@@@@@@@@@ (@@@@@ @@@@@&
,@@@@, .@@@@@ /@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@# %@@@@ /@@@@@ .@@@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@@@@@@/ (@@@@@ .@@@@@#
@@@@@ @@@@@( /@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@ @@@@@# @@@@% @@@@@. @@@@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@,@@@@@. (@@@@@ ,@@@@@( %%%%%%%%
.@@@@@ (@@@@@ /@@@@@ @@@@@@@* @@@@@# (@@@@. @@@@@% .@@@@@* @@@@@, %@@@@@ #@@@@@ (@@@@@ ,@@@@@( &@@@@@@.
&@@@@@@@@@@@@@@. /@@@@@ /@@@@@* @@@@@# @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@ @@@@@@ (@@@@@ .@@@@@# .@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@& /@@@@@ (@@@/ @@@@@# /@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ ,@@@@@, @@@@@, %@@@@@ @@@@@*(@@@@@ @@@@@@ @@@@@#
*@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ /@@@@@ @@& @@@@@# @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@% @@@@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@ *@@@@@%@@@@@ @@@@@@ @@@@@/
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@. /@@@@@ @ @@@@@# @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@, @@@@@, %@@@@@ &@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@/ @@@@@/
,@@@@@* @@@@@& /@@@@@ @@@@@# %@@@@@ &@@@@@* &@@@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@ *@@@@@@ @@@@@/
@@@@@@ @@@@@@ /@@@@@ @@@@@# @@@@@& .@@@@@@ @@@@@( @ @@@@@, %@@@@@ ,@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@ @@@@@/
@@@@@/ (@@@@@# /@@@@@ @@@@@# %@@@@@ @@@@@@, &@@@@@ /@@@ @@@@@, %@@@@@ (@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@ @@@@@(
#@@@@@ .@@@@@@ /@@@@@ @@@@@% @@@@@@ /@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@& @@@@@, %@@@@@ @@@@@@@@ /@@@@@@@( (@@@@@&
.@@@@@@ @@@@@@& #@@@@@ @@@@@& @@@@@@( @@@@@@ &@@@@@@@@@@@@@@* @@@@@/ @@@@@@ @@@@@@@ .@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@ @@@@@@* /@@@@@@ *@@@@@@* @@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@ @@@@@@. *@@@@@@, @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@,
@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@&@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@# @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@& @@@@@@@/ &@@@@@@@ #@@@@@% ,@@@@@@@@@&

This is the only word that comes to mind :)

A big thank to you Max!!
9 Mar 2018   [#139]
Hello everyone!

Thanks you very much Michael and Max for what you're doing ;)

Inspired and intrigued by the works of Stefan I had some fun with new Voronoi and some points :)

Check this video : http://take.ms/WOrWI

And this is the 3dm file is you want to play with it : http://take.ms/QKKdM

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)
9 Mar 2018   [#140]
P.S...forgot to mention...

Clearly I was inspired also by the latest experiments of Pilou!
10 Mar 2018   [#141] In reply to [#139]
Very cool Marco!

On your various curve shapes...how are you going from control points to the individual points on the curve/path to create the Voronoi? As I experiment, I only get control points for the path. I "rebuild" the curve with # of points but I still get connected control points on a given curve/path.

Thx.

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 10.14.59 AM.png 

10 Mar 2018   [#142] In reply to [#131]
Amazing update as usual Max! Thanks!

Question though...

In the updated Voronoi.v.1.11.2018.03.09 script...is there a way to create a Voronoi without having an outside edge/border automatically generated?

Would be nice to have a checkbox option for border/no border. The older Voronoi script from 2015 didn't generate a border if I recall...which was great for certain things.

Screen Shot A (from 2015 Voronoi script) > Open outside border Voronoi is what I'm looking to do with the 2018 script.
Screen Shot B > Individual cells created from running Voronoi script...which creates outside square border.
Screen Shot C > After using the "separate" function to break the cells down to delete the outside square edges...makes a mess with all the duplicate curves from each cell to get an open edge Voronoi.

Thx!

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot A.png  Screen Shot B.png  Screen Shot C.png 

10 Mar 2018   [#143] In reply to [#142]
just fun with Voronoi > blendcap > flow and Keyshot
10 Mar 2018   [#144] In reply to [#141]
Hi mat,

re:
> how are you going from control points to the individual points on the curve/path

One way to do this is to create one point object on the curve (anywhere on a closed curve or at one end of an open curve) using Draw curve > More > Pt and then select the point you just created and replicate it along the curve using Transform > Array > Curve.

- Michael
10 Mar 2018   [#145]
Exported to Modo and used mesh-ops to bevel and convert to quads for Catmul-Clark sub-division.
10 Mar 2018   [#146] In reply to [#144]
Cool Marco, Finema and danperk!

Hi Michael,

> One way to do this is to create one point object on the curve (anywhere on a closed curve or at one end of an open curve) using > Draw curve > More > Pt and then select the point you just created and replicate it along the curve using Transform > Array > > > Curve.

Oh Michael, i think you opened up tons of possibilities for us now, with this cool tip... :-)

I just used this for a Voronoi Text example were i increased the points to get a nicer text pattern.

Combining this now with extrusions and NSided caps and later bringing it into ZBrush, for
example, should bring up lot of cool things not seen before, when it comes to 3D text models
renderings... :-)

Regards
Stefan
10 Mar 2018   [#147]
I mean something like this, not finished of course.

But IMHO the pattern looks now nicer, because of the evenly
spaced denser points.

Bildschirmfoto_2018-03-10_um_22.43.12

Regards
Stefan
10 Mar 2018   [#148]
A new font! :)

Show messages:  1-8  …  69-88  89-108  109-128  129-148  149-168  169-188  189-198