MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Delorean Alpha 5 (car modeling) in Moi3D

Show messages: All  1-11  12-20

1 Jul 2022   [#12] In reply to [#11]
However a few car modelers who are also car designers have recommended NURBS over sub-d as they claim that is what is used in the field. And a NURBS based STL model is much preferred over a sub-d produced OBJ in manufacturing.
1 Jul 2022   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Hi Kenmo,

re:
> However a few car modelers who are also car designers have recommended NURBS over
> sub-d as they claim that is what is used in the field.

Yes it's true that NURBS are used by actual car manufacturers. But those are people who have 10+ years of experience climbing the difficult learning curve for a specialized area of modeling.

For most people it's not practical to take that approach, they need something that doesn't take 10 years to learn how to use.

- Michael
2 Jul 2022   [#14] In reply to [#11]
Sometimes Point editing makes Moi3d to Magic Power tool:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXgsmTiKUL3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
2 Jul 2022   [#15]
Some neu Renders in Green Car Paint

2 Jul 2022   [#16] In reply to [#15]
I looked at the press release photos of the Delorean. A stunning car by Italdesign. You did a fantastic job of modeling and rendering this beauty.

Ed Ferguson
2 Jul 2022   [#17] In reply to [#15]
Impressive work. Many thanks for posting and sharing.
5 Jul 2022   [#18]
Step Breakdown

22 Apr 2023   [#19] In reply to [#18]
I find it quite frustrating that there are very few car modeling video tutorials for MOI3D. Yet we see what can be accomplished when in the hands of a very talented modeler like Kuechmeister Swagger. However I am quite perplexed why there is never any audio. I find it rather difficult to have one eye on the screen watching the modeling process and my other eye trying to read the text. Adding an audio track would make the process so much easier to follow and understand.

Cheers and all the very best.
22 Apr 2023   [#20]
Wow!

People are able to do amazing things with MOI3D!

It's always a joy to see it.

Tom

Show messages: All  1-11  12-20