MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 beta May-22-2022 available now

Show messages:  1-11  …  32-51  52-71  72-91  92-111  112-131  132-145

3 Oct 2022   [#92]
I'd love to see a "Max Fillet" or Max Chamfer" command, where when you highlight an edge MOI automatically tells you the maximum fillet or chamfer that it can apply to said edge. It would save a lot of time with experimenting since you'd know how far you could take the fillet or chamfer already.

Thank you for listening!

Robert
3 Oct 2022   [#93] In reply to [#92]
Hi Robert,

re:
> I'd love to see a "Max Fillet" or Max Chamfer" command, where when you highlight an
> edge MOI automatically tells you the maximum fillet or chamfer that it can apply to said edge.

Unfortunately it's very difficult to calculate such a value. It's hard to say for sure but it could be on the order of several years of work to accomplish that.

- Michael
20 Oct 2022   [#94]
Hello, Michael.

When we model with custom CPlane, wouldn't it be better if the 3D view has the 'up' direction as the sky like in the default CPlane? It doesn't work that way for the moment.

Please pardon my English, but I hope you know what I mean. Thank you very much.
20 Oct 2022   [#95] In reply to [#94]
Hi Fortian,

re:
> When we model with custom CPlane, wouldn't it be better if the 3D view has the 'up' direction as the
> sky like in the default CPlane? It doesn't work that way for the moment.

Yes I'll see about putting in an option for that.

- Michael
28 Nov 2022   [#96]
I noticed that the radial dimension places a + symbol (crosscheck?), at the center of the arc/circle.
Selecting the + symbol, with mouse drag from right to left, selects the entire radial dimension.
Normal behavior.

- Brian

ps The MoI Dimensions show up in Rhino7. (very limited testing.)

Attachments:
UCS_SelectRadiusDim01.3dm

28 Nov 2022   [#97] In reply to [#96]
Hi Brian,

re:
> Selecting the + symbol, with mouse drag from right to left, selects the entire radial dimension.
> Normal behavior.

Yes, when you select with a drag from right to left, objects that have any portion
inside the window will be targeted. The + symbol at the center of the circle or arc is part of the
radial dimension.

> ps The MoI Dimensions show up in Rhino7. (very limited testing.)

Yes, they should be seen with Rhino.

- Michael
29 Nov 2022   [#98]
Hi Michael,

I've setup MoI v5 with a modified Dark theme which is great for my eyes but can't seem to find a setting in the Theme Manager or MoI.ini file to change the color of the Selection Rectangle, which is black (dark) by default.

Could you tell me where I might find this setting?
29 Nov 2022   [#99] In reply to [#98]
Hi danperk,

re:
> I've setup MoI v5 with a modified Dark theme which is great for my eyes but can't seem to find
> a setting in the Theme Manager or MoI.ini file to change the color of the Selection Rectangle,
> which is black (dark) by default.

Sorry, there is not currently a setting for that. I will see about adding one though.

EDIT: actually this was a mistake, there is a theme setting for this, see below.

- Michael
29 Nov 2022   [#100] In reply to [#99]
Thanks Michael!
29 Nov 2022   [#101] In reply to [#98]
Hi danperk, so actually there is a theme setting that you can use to modify the drag rectangle color.

There isn't a control for it in the theme editor editor UI but you can modify it by changing the theme colors directly.

To do that in the theme dialog (Options > General > "Manage themes") click the "Open themes folder" button and inside your theme's folder edit the defines.inc file in a text editor.

Inside the defines.inc file, the setting you need to modify is this one:
LINE_UNSELECTED_COLOR #000000

- Michael
29 Nov 2022   [#102]
Worked perfectly, Thanks Michael!
29 Nov 2022   [#103] In reply to [#101]
Setting the color to #ffffff, (White) seems like a good choice to me, for the Dark theme.

- Brian
25 Dec 2022   [#104]
Earlier today I switched from BrianDark theme to Default theme. (MoI5beta)
A couple of hours later, the Default theme had the Objects, Types, and Styles dropdown menu's in Dark theme.
Switching back to BrianDark, and the 3 dropdown menu's were in Default theme.
Same result with a couple more switches.

Then I switched to terminal green, and back to Default, and the menu's were correct theme colors.
Switched to Dark, and the menu's colors were also correct.

Now I switched to terminal green, and the menu's were Dark. (>>>With the Style dropdown menu open during the change<<<)
Switched to Dark, and the menu's are green.
Switched to Default, and the menu's are green.
Switched to Dark, and the menu's are Default color...

To sum it up,
If the Style dropdown menu is open (or one of the two other dropdown menu's is open), when the Theme is changed, the new Theme had the previous theme for the 3 dropdown menu's.

- Brian
25 Dec 2022   [#105] In reply to [#104]
Hi Brian, thanks for reporting this bug, I think it's fixed up for the next release.

In the meantime if you see the scene browser not updating to the current theme you can exit MoI and restart it and that should fix it.

Thanks, - Michael
26 Dec 2022   [#106] In reply to [#105]
Cool.

Later today I want to check out the style of Leaders, and relation, if any, to presets.

Coordinates script had silver leaders?
Probably nothing...

- Brian
8 Jan 2023   [#107]
Hello Michael,

in MOI3D I get an artifact when I join two surfaces to make a solid in C-plane mode (otherwise (I mean in default coordinates) I don't get those artifacts) Could it be a bug? I checked both MOI V5 and V4 they both behave the same!

Best,
Psygorn
8 Jan 2023   [#108] In reply to [#107]
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> in MOI3D I get an artifact when I join two surfaces to make a solid in C-plane mode (otherwise (I mean
> in default coordinates) I don't get those artifacts) Could it be a bug?

It might be, can you please send me the file with the 2 surfaces in them before joining?

You can post it as an attachment here, or e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com .

Thanks, - Michael
8 Jan 2023   [#109] In reply to [#108]
Hi Michael,

Sure!

I will send the file here!

Edit: Dear Michael I forgot to mention that there is a nasty curve close to the base of the surface, and I think that curvature is responsible for the artifact However, this happens in C-plane mode not default mode!

Attachments:
Possible_Bug_MOI_5.3dm

8 Jan 2023   [#110]
Hi,
I have opened your file and separate the surface to see how surfaces are made with Show Pts.
The problem seems to be in top of the surface with messy concentrated points.
Size of this group of points is 0.02 x 0.00 x 0.09.
Perhaps reconstruct your surfaces will fix the problem.

Have fun

Image Attachments:
top_surface_01.PNG  top_surface_02.PNG 

8 Jan 2023   [#111] In reply to [#109]
Hi Psygorn, thanks for sending the file. Over here if I reset the cplane back to default and then mirror and join in the Front view I seem to get the same artifact.

Are you picking the mirror line in some other viewport to get the different behavior?

I think the root of the problem is it kind of folds back on itself in this area here:

Thanks, - MIchael

Image Attachments:
psygorn_folding1.jpg  psygorn_folding2.jpg 

Show messages:  1-11  …  32-51  52-71  72-91  92-111  112-131  132-145