CSec Profiles, as in Rhino

849.5 In reply to 849.3 
Hi Jess, do you possibly have a model file of the spoon shape curves? If you could attach it here that would help me follow your description.

> Maybe for version 2? (Here's dreaming)

Yeah, version 1 is pretty much wrapped up at this point, I'm pretty much just tweaking it with bug fixes for the moment.

But CSec is actually not very technically difficult, it's really just a packaged up version of InterpCrv. Once I get started on version 2.0 it should be pretty easy for me to add a few more scripting methods and then make a plug-in that would do it for you.

Until then copy/paste to Rhino for this one is your best bet, although you can do a "manual" CSec in MoI by drawing in some lines, select the long segments and then hit Edit / Trim, use the lines as cutting objects, then hit "Done" to leave all the pieces (the long guides will now be sliced up into smaller segments). Then you can use Draw curve / Freeform / Through points and snap on to the endpoints of those segments to get your CSec type profiles. That should work in a pinch (let me know if you want more detailed steps for this), but probably copy/paste to Rhino is faster for this one.

- Michael