What is your regulates Moi--> ZBrush

804.26 In reply to 804.20 
Hi PaQ - an example:

Save from MoI as evenly sized polygons - here in this case I actually used triangles only, no quads of any type (it's certainly ok to use quads, this is just to demonstrate):

In ZBrush, subdivide if desired with smoothing modifier off, then I have no problems in doing displacement:

As far as I can tell everything is behaving perfectly despite having no quads around at all.

For these kinds of purposes where you have the base model formed with edges and smoothing already built into it, it is not "quad" structure that is important, it is "evenly spaced" structure that is important.

When you have the correct base shape then disable the smoothing modifier if you want to do additional subdivision and all is well as far as I can see.

If you want to use ZBrush more as a full modeling tool to make large changes to the fundamental shape, then that is a much different task. Certainly having quads could be helpful in that kind of a situation. I don't recommend using MoI generated geometry for that kind of use, but it should be perfectly fine for the kind of thing that I'm illustrating here...

Unless there is something really wrong with my result that I am not noticing?

- Michael
Attachments: