What is your regulates Moi--> ZBrush

804.21 In reply to 804.14 
Hi Olga,

> When I import it to ZBrush and divide I get some strings (see the pic)

Looks like it may be a bug in ZBrush when using smooth type subdivision. Maybe it does not like to do smooth style divisions on skinny triangles or something like that. For that problem you will have to contact ZBrush tech support to see what is going on there specifically.

It looks like you already found out that you can avoid the problem by clicking on the "Smt" label to turn off the smooth modifier.

You don't really need to use the smooth modifier in this case anyway - you would use the smooth modifier if you wanted to turn an angular polygon hull into a melted-down smooth shape, for instance if you had a polygon box and you wanted it to divide down in to a smooth sphere like shape that is when you would apply the smooth modifier.

For shapes like your ring where you have it in the proper curved surface already, you don't really want to apply smooth type subdivision in that case anyway.

> My best idea to resolve this problem is to divide with max
> polygons when exporting from MOI.

Yes - I think this should be generally your best course - don't even do any division at all inside of ZBrush, do it all in MoI by using the "Divide larger than" option and set the right-side dropdown to "All" to make sure it applies to all surfaces both curved and planar.

Once you have generated small divided polygons out of MoI you should not need to divide them again in ZBrush since they are already at a small even size.

- Michael