split lines in sweep

744.25 In reply to 744.21 
Michael wrote:
"I'm not really sure why 2D illustration apps have never upgraded to use NURBS-based technology instead of only Bezier-based. I guess Adobe Illustrator never did it because Illustrator is kind of part of a larger Adobe ecosystem and it has been meant to be on par with other parts such as the Postscript language. So they probably don't want to upgrade just one thing, they would want to upgrade a whole bunch of things, making it easier to decide not to upgrade at all. Then other 2D illustration stuff follows their lead..."

Just the other day I was wishing I could do simple surface coloring with MOI since creating shapes with it is so easy - I guess I'll have to wait for the AI export features.

I wanted to load a UV map image of a spaceship wing and start drawing hull plating patterns over the UV map - MOI is great for drawing curves, I wish Fireworks, CorelDraw and Illustrator also used the same kind of editing features as well!

If I could have used MOI to draw my hull patterns and then select a few of the closed shapes and colored them to get some base colors going that would have been great.

I of course can color in my shapes elsewhere but it would have been cool!

-Will