network problem

Hi Brash,

I think Michael or others might have a better solution, but I would try considering these three extra measures: (sorry, no pics)

You have basically two "profile rails" with a set of "profile rings".

1) As the Network tries to replicate a the pattern of the profile rings as it draws near an infinite point at the ends, pinching and bunching occur because the not very round profile doesn't make much sense to define a more increasingly smooth and curved area. Such as how you want at the ends of this Network.
Place a small circle to more define those small areas near the end points and you may see less pinching.

2) As Network tries to 'average' the rings with the profile curves, the rings you have placed along the path, so to speak, may not be the most accurate physical shape for those rings, which is why you get the bulges.
You can try adding more profile curves which will give you a more smoothed surface as you'll have more defining profile areas to enforce a more flat transition. In other words, you have two profiles, try four or more.

3) Where the long profile curves meet, they should be absolutely tangent in respect to each other.

I hope I made some sense in my description:

Circles to define the smoother end areas. More profile curves to define the flow of the body, and make sure they are all tangent in respect to each other at the ends where they meet.

Mike