Convexity point errors?

5568.10 In reply to 5568.1 
Hi Garet, I'm not really sure what Alibre exactly means by "convexity points"... Sounds like some kind of low level error being reported from their geometry library.

But when you export as IGES format, what actually gets exported is a bunch of individual surfaces and then it's up to the receiving application to rejoin those surfaces together back into a solid. Because of this often times it can be better to use STEP format for a transfer like this since those transfer solids information in the file and can avoid joining problems.

But each of these CAD formats can have their own separate kinds of quirks and problems, so if you run into a translation problem with one particular format, it's a good idea to try a different format to see if it can avoid the particular problem at hand.

I've attached a STEP file which I created by just importing your posted IGES file into MoI and then exporting as STEP format, does it work better for you?

Also when you do an import there may be various options like "enable healing" that you can turn on or off, sometimes it can be good to try switching those settings on or off to see if that has any effect.

Just in general it's probably better to try STEP format first before IGES.

- Michael
Attachments: