New Mac OSX public beta Jun-1-2012 available now

5167.7 In reply to 5167.6 
Hi ed, thanks for reporting these issues.

> When I fire the offset command, it makes me wait a little before it
> becomes responsive. It happens with a scene with nothing but a
> simple two points line.

This delay is when a new moi_commandprocessor.exe is being fired up. The offset command seems to be creating a fresh one every time you launch it, it's only actually supposed to be creating an initial one and then reusing it for a while. I'll put this on my list to look at fixing up in v3 - in the actual final release version of the 2.5 OSX version this delay is reduced quite a bit more because .exe launching is even faster there with the trial/public beta security layer being turned off.

> When I change the color of a style with the hue sliders and then close the
> dialog and open it again, it doesn't have the exact values I entered. For
> example I typed 75% and then it shows a 69%. I don't know if it is because
> not every single color is available for MoI or if it is a bug.

This can be a normal side effect of translating between rgb colors (which is what MoI actually uses) and HSB colors - when you have low values of saturation or brightness (basically when you are getting to grayscale-ish values), the hue starts to become meaningless and won't get preserved on round trips to rgb values. Basically if you have a gray value, it doesn't really actually have a "hue" - if it's gray it's not any of red or green or blue or any particular hue at all, so gray color values don't have a unique hue value to them and so the particular hue setting you use one time for such a color won't necessarily stick when you look at the color again.

The thing that should definitely stick are rgb values - if you look at the rgb value on the rgb sliders, when you open the color picker a second time those rgb values should be identical - if that's not the case then that one would be a bug.

Another way of explaining it is that hue not sticking is a side effect of many different HSB values generating the same RGB value, so when all that is being saved and sent back and forth is the RGB value there isn't a good way to identify which of the many different potential hue values was actually the one used for that particular RGB.

The final v2.5 Mac release is just right around the corner, I'm basically just working on web site / ordering logistics right now.

- Michael