Material draped over tabletop

4968.18 In reply to 4968.17 
I had a look at the wrapped cloth link, and found this blender YouTube video, amazing what can be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fLoZ74fnc

Michael, I have been trying some of the different tools out in MOI, and am fascinated, I have saved as sat in Turbocad, which appears to give the best results when opened in MOI, done some editing and boolean's, and saved the sat from MOI, and find the profiles are spot on when opened in Turbocad, smooth as. One of the main problems with complex lofts or sweeps in Turbocad, is solids cannot self intersect on the path, but MOI does not appear to have this restriction as far as I can tell. It would be nice if solid modelling engines would allow re-entrant solids, by overwriting the existing solid information as it intersects itself. I have tried a number of the tools out, and the network surface is very interesting, and will be of great use to me. You have got me hooked.

This week, I have tried Daz 3D Studio, Bryce, Hexagon, Sculptris, Moi, and am about to have a dabble with Blender also.

Lots to learn with the new tool sets and methods, but MOI will be a great addition to my software collection.

Many thanks for the feedback and links everyone.

Mike Geraghty.