Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.98 In reply to 4801.97 
Hi Brian,

Mainly just to keep files straight on my computer I made two separate versions of the Fortran code. Option A, the way I have been doing it. Includes tangent points. You don't have to use them. I was just trying to help out if finding them via a script was too much trouble. I believe they are working now. Thanks for finding that error. I made two examples but missed the fact that the chord expanded by a small amount. This version also removes one naca point to aid the curve fit.

The second version, option b, is for use with burrman's method. This uses a different method to create the leading edge arc. You can use all the naca data points with the control point spline. The trailing edge still gets defined the same way. However, the leading edge is defined differently than the naca specification.

I compared the two methods and they are very similar. Whichever you choose is fine by mean. They both yield something close to the naca definition that I need. They also make smooth solids with no ripples or anything.

The naca coordinates reference file has always been in a folder called airfoil model.zip, available on my website. Rather than copy that file into the other folders, I am providing the entire zip file.

Anthony

Edit; Attachments have been removed to save server space and because they are out of date. See later posts for the updated information.