Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.23 In reply to 4801.22 
Hi,

Yes ideally, if the script created the 3d blade geometry that would be awesome. As far as loading the xyz files that the fortran code created select space formatting from the dropdown menu. also, maybe they didn't update the script on the download page. when i first tried it didn't work either. but someone posted an update to the forum thread. i assumed they uploaded it to the actual place where it is, but maybe not.

i'll attach the files i'm using just to make it easier on you.

what i am currently doing is importing the point files, now in mm. then i create the splines for the airfoil and for the rails. then do a two rail sweep. its not that hard. but its redundant and tedious to do over and over again. the airfoil points aren't quite right so you have to use control point when creating the splines. also you have to make the leading edge and trailing edge arcs. the trailing edge arc is really small so you have to zoom in a lot to see it. if everything is created right it should come out as a solid rather than a collection of joined surfaces. sometimes small errors you can't see will develop and you won't get the solid.