Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.205 In reply to 4801.204 
hi barry,

the swept fan blade seems to overlay to my manual geometry exactly, the best i can tell. i think on your a400m you have the old xyz points. i did a bug fix after the last geometry you sent me. i found i still hadn't fixed that bug correctly. i believe i have it fixed now. if you could use the new xyz points, then i'd be able to compare better. but visually just looking at what you sent it looks good. i suspect you have it working, but can't say for sure.

if i understand your question about scaling, yes i think that's right. for the a400m blade i have to orient the original profile. then do a separate 2d scale. i set the c-plane to the profile in question then scale it using the span point as the center and the leading edge rail point as the reference size.

i'll look into network. i have never really messed with that command before. i have just been 2 rail sweep or loft up until now.

there is a new version of prop design if you haven't gotten it yet. it has the updated bug fix. it's the same fix as before i just apply it even when no sweep is specified. it seems cds 3-5 end up with some sweep even for the straight blades. it's a result of the span moving off of the x-y plane. i hadn't noticed it before, until i was doing the comparison for you. so i'm glad you helped me find it. it affects the performance computations, so it's something i have to account for.

update; i tried the network command i got weird results with your a400m geometry, so i tried mine. on my geometry it worked a lot better. so i then tried 2 rail sweep. again with your geo on got weird results. so there may be something going on with your profiles or rails. i'm not entirely sure.

on the fan blade network worked the same with both are files. so the issue seems to be just with your a400m file. on closer inspection though, the network command severely distorts the profiles. so that doesn't seem to be a viable option. if you look at the surface compared to the profiles they are drastically different. i would stick with 2 rail sweep with multiple profiles or loft.

EDITED: 27 Feb 2019 by PROP_DESIGN