Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.122 In reply to 4801.121 
Hi Brian,

Yes the geo code does not use the hub end point. I think it was just left there because I copied that code from PROP_DESIGN. PROP_DESIGN uses the hub end point. But for the MoI script you can either take it out completely or if you want to implement it, it would be a circle at the specified point along the quarter chord line. 0,0,0 being point number 1. So if the user input 3. That would be two points away from 0,0,0 along the quarter chord line.

The fortran codes should place the airfoil in the right view of MoI with the quarter chord point being at 0,0,0. There should be no offset.

I just updated PROP_DESIGN, PROP_DESIGN_OPT, and PROP_DESIGN_GEO. After working withe MoI for awhile and your script. I took lessons learned to make it even easier to go from PROP_DESIGN to MoI. I will be posting an updated screencast soon. You won't believe how easy it is now.

This method may help you with scripting as well. Since everything is practically done for you. You could just read in the various files. The leading and trailing edge radius' can be created with the two point arc now. It should all be clear in the forthcoming screencast. Give me about an hour to get it recorded and uploaded.

PROP_DESIGN and PROP_DESIGN_OPT are on my website. Here is the latest version of PROP_DESIGN_GEO.

Anthony

Edit; Download the latest version, contained in a later post.