Mac OSX v3 prototype available now

4737.83 In reply to 4737.76 
Hi Paul, so I think a 2.5 OSX-specific release will make sense.

The way that will work is that I will take the current v3 beta and polish it up to get it into a release-ready state (which it's actually not too far off from which is why this new plan is feasible in the first place), and then peel that off as a 2.5 OSX version which will be available for purchase as a regular non-expiring release version, which will be the same price as the current v2 version which is $295 USD.

The 2.5 OSX version will be available for free to existing v2 owners and it will provide an entry point to purchase for new users who have been waiting until there is an OSX version before getting into MoI.

That should make it possible for me to have an OSX version in a much sooner time frame than my original plan of waiting until the full v3 development cycle to be complete.

It's still difficult for me to give an exact timetable but something like end of January as a release target seems like a good guess. Usually my guesses are pretty wrong though...

I will put together some kind of publicly available pre-release trial version at some point before that, maybe something like 1 more month from now for that part.

- Michael