Mac OSX v3 prototype available now

4737.81 In reply to 4737.75 
Hi Martin,

> No issues so far. My MoI.app behaves, is a joy to use and
> runs stable.

That's really great news!

I don't think it should really take very much work to get some of the remaining rough edges smoothed out.

re: moi.ini - yes for the next beta you will want to copy over your moi.ini to where the new beta will be able to see it so you won't have to re-enter all that stuff.

I will probably be changing where the OSX version gets its moi.ini file from to have it in one central location so that it can be used by every new beta that comes out without having to copy it into each one separately, but you will have to do that just this one next time.

It looks like I will probably put it here:
~/Library/Application Support/Moi/moi.ini

So what will happen is that when the next beta is initially launched it will create a default moi.ini file in ~/Library/Application Support/Moi/moi.ini if there is not one there already and then you can replace it with the one with all your settings in it from this current beta (which is stored in the path you show above there contained inside the .app itself currently) and that should be fine.

I'll also put the license key files there so that you won't have to re-enter your license keys on every new beta installation either, but that will also happen just one more time for the next beta as well.

That's just another one of those rough edges that should only need a minor tweak to fix up.

- Michael