Mac OSX v3 prototype available now

4737.53 In reply to 4737.52 
Hi Martin - so the MoI shortcut key editor thing is rather primitive and you actually need to type in the label of the key you want to use there, not just press the key itself.

So for example to assign Backspace, type in the actual text:   Backspace   in that field and then that should work. Just hitting backspace will actually just edit the text in that field and not assign that key.

I want to overhaul this in the future to work more like you were expecting it to, it's just been hard to dedicate much time to it yet since it's not something that you have to deal with usually all that much.

> ctrl-C and ctrl-V do nothing. This is bad since there's no
> menu alternative.

Well, there is on the Edit palette on the side pane, but it's not a shortcut problem, the actual functions for copy and paste don't seem to be working properly and I'll be looking into fixing them.

To get the Cmd key working instead of Ctrl you can right now try editing the shortcuts and putting in Alt in place of Ctrl and then it seems like they will work with the Cmd key actually.

That will be another area that I'll need to tune up for the OSX version, to recognize Cmd as a shortcut key and to have the defaults use Cmd+c for example instead of Ctrl.

Please let me know if you run into any other problems than these.

- Michael