reinstall

4658.3 In reply to 4658.1 
Hi MG -

> At the moment I cant even follow the most basic of tutorials
> without something not happening as expected .The fillet tool
> seems the main culprit for me.

The fillet tool is quite sensitive to the edge structure of your model - if you have something like a little edge coming away from the one that you want to fillet, the fillet will fail if it would cause that other edge to be entirely consumed away.

Could you please post the 3DM model file of that same file that you are showing the screenshot for? Then I could take a look at your particular file and give you some better advice for that particular situation.

Also for doing filleting it will cause problems if you've got something like several edges in sequence there but you didn't select all of them when going to do the fillet.

There are a variety of different things that can potentially go wrong with filleting so it's a bit difficult to diagnose just from a screenshot, if you can post the model file it would help a lot.

> Also getting gui errors with icons not appearing until I roll over that area.

That's something that seems to be some kind of glitch introduced in Internet Explorer version 9 - if you roll back to IE version 8 that will probably go away, and also when that is happening it seems that just maximizing the MoI window will also make it go away.

So the easiest thing in that case is to maximize your window and leave it maximized when you close MoI as well so it will start up maximized - does the problem then go away?

MoI v3 does not use Internet Explorer any more for it's UI so it won't be affected anymore by changes in IE behavior like MoI v1 and v2 were.

- Michael