"dynamic extrude"

3966.12 In reply to 3966.11 
Hi Michael,
Well, when you launch "sweep" in Amapi, you get a subset of 4 options. One acts like "Rail revolve" where you have to have a rail and then the profile curve already drawn.. Another is the "Sweep" which is what i showed. Another is "Extrude" which maintains the base shape and rotates as the extrude is picked..

""""""So it's only fixed to use just that one particular "through points" method and not any other kind of curve drawing method? What if you want to make some lines and tangent arcs in there or something like that, are you just out of luck?"""""""""""

No. Then you use the other methods where you pick the paths, just as in MoI.. This is more a dynamic, while drawing to operation. Although the "Through points" dynamic part seems to be fixed..Luike you cant change that to be "control points" type picking.

The extrude also continues as if it was a "Curve through points" picking method, until the command is ended.. I guess this seems like something underlying in the commands that was written in and that I was looking to see if you could get into MoI...

I'll make a video to show the tool in action and demonstrate what i was refering to...