controlling sweep positions

3893.5 In reply to 3893.3 
Hi Nos,

> Is there a way to force the manual-place mode or even make it default?

No, not currently but I do want to add this in the future.

> I tried this with the lower profile moving x-backward but it seams not to work

Sorry what I wrote previously wasn't quite 100% correct - the profiles don't actually need to be on the single same plane for auto place to kick in, it's enough for them to be on planes that are parallel to one another.

In order to do what you want, you'll need to use an offset of the rail (or use one of the edges from your previous sweep which is the same kind of thing).

An offset of the rail will produce the same result as what you currently have which is having the profile offset instead.

So for example to get what you want with sweeping this profile here:

Select the rail and build an offset of if with the Construct > Offset command:

Now use that offset curve as the sweep rail.

You can still set this up to update with edits to the original curve, you just need to select the offset curve and enable history updates on it. To do that, select the offset curve (the result from the offset not the original one), and then run the Edit > History button and click on the "Enable update" button.

Once history updates on the offset curve are enabled, then you will have a chain set up where an edit of the original curve will regenerate the offset, and the sweep that uses that offset will also get regenerated as well.

- Michael