controlling sweep positions

3893.11 In reply to 3893.10 
Hi ben,

> An alternative may be a recording script witch records
> the parameters of objects and konstructional functions
> applied to it.

Unfortunately that's not a complete alternative because of things like objects being imported from a file or something like that where there is only the object's geometry available and not its recorded history.

> Many times I have to rebuild objects and going true the
> whole process cause I have to relocate 2 bore-holes.

You may want to check out this object repair tutorial here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=446.17

It shows some other techniques for repairing holes on an object such as removing trim curves to recover the original underlying surface, it's a technique that works directly on the current object rather than rebuilding it from scratch.

Here is a quick example - here I have a slab with a hole in it:

Select the side wall face of the hole like this:

And then delete it, that results in an open surface object like this, where the circular edges now only belong to one surface and are not joined edges between 2 surfaces anymore:

Now select those edges:

And use Delete again to remove those trimming boundaries, this will recover the underlying surface:

Every trimmed surface has an underlying surface part of it, and then trim curves that mark areas of the surface as being cut off or as holes. Those trim curves can be erased so that those areas are not holes anymore.

In order to erase a trim boundary, it must not be a joined boundary between 2 surfaces and if the boundary is made up of multiple edges, all the edges that make it up need to be selected before you use Delete.

- Michael