nx 7.5 modelling

It was in 2002 when I started using Unigraphics V18, the only other cad software I have ever used before that was Autocad and Cadkey(KeyCreator), the workflow of Unigraphics hadn't changed until it went with the prefix of NX which was in 2003/4 and from then on the focus was on user friendliness, it is now at NX7.5 which is equivalent to V26, if you come from a cad background and know the basic commands you could model basic items within the day, but from a non cad background it would be very difficult to know where to start, the software does come with an optional training program to get you up to speed called CAST, which goes through step by step exercises.

The latest versions of NX have included things like a command finder, where if you type in a key word like 'sweep' it will show you where the command icon is and a brief description on what it does and it has always been when you pick a command and hit F1(help) the program will jump to the section in the help file on that command with some examples.

So to sum up to answer Burr's question on how long would it take to learn NX it all depends on the users background, if you have used the mainstream cad programs like Solidworks, ProE and Solidedge it shouldn't take long to get up to speed, but from a non cad or poly background it'll take much much longer, but I wouldn't recommend NX for this group.

-
~Danny~