WIP - CS-01 Tactic Fighter (Spaceship)

3347.13 In reply to 3347.10 
Hi SurlyBird,

Well the first image is just a draw concept, I'm not really using this curves to build the shape (maybe only few of them are really used for the final model)

Once the profile is done, I create simple primitives (tubes, stetched spheres, extruding some curves) to buid the volume.

Based on this draft model I'm starting to really build the final surfaces, and fighting with the tools until I've got a clean result.
It's a lot of try and error process.

In this model the cockpit was the most difficult part to build.
After, it's just a lot of simples booelans, slicing, curve projection etc ... it's not like there are 100 tools in MoI (and it's better like that)

Doing a tutorial for this kind of model will not be really interessting, I don't think I'll show any special infos/tricks that you can't find in the manual.
Without saying my oral english is wroste than my writing :P ... It's not that I don't want to help/share stuffs, I'm not technically good enough to teach
the best approach for every surface, something that Michael or other Nubs guru from this forum can do much better.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your interrest :)

@Jamie,

I'm not sure about the pilot, but I'll probably build some interrior stuffs so I can use a reall glass material for the cockpit window.