V2 beta Feb-21-2010 available now

3338.37 In reply to 3338.36 
Hi Brian, yes I fully understand your argument, I think we've been over it quite a large number of times now.

It's something that I definitely want to improve!

But unfortunately improvements take time and work to create.

My time is limited... So it is just not possible for me to make every single kind of improvement all at once, some kinds of improvements will take time before I can get to them, and this is one of them.

In the meantime, running that helper program that I posted gets the job done for you and copies the needed files from one folder to the other - it is a pretty simple way to get the job done currently.

For most people, just copying files from one folder to another is not really a big deal.

Currently I just have placed a higher priority on other things such as new modeling tools like the new Inset command, rather than streamlining the plug-in system. At some point in the future though I should be able to dedicate some time to the plug-in system to improve it.

In the meantime, my suggestion would be to actually avoid using any plug-ins and just stick with the built in standard toolset instead. That way you won't run into this issue with needing to copy the plug-in files over.

- Michael