How to display all the icons at once

3248.13 In reply to 3248.12 
Hi Brian, the problem is it takes a lot of work to produce a lot of different UI versions or to make it customizable through drag and drop.

Early on in MoI's development I decided to dedicate more effort on making a single UI that was easy and fluid to use (with time spent more on design and workflow), rather than focusing most of my energy on making the UI re-arrangable.

Looking back, I am quite sure that it was the right choice!

And actually there is a lot of customization that is possible with MoI's UI since anyone who is familiar with editing text files and HTML can completely change the UI around since it is all in editable text files and not hard coded.

For an example of that see here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1521.1

If you think that having a drag/drop editable UI is more important than what I have focused on, then I will completely understand that MoI is not the right program for you and that you feel more comfortable in one of those other programs that have focused on different areas.

I mean it is pretty simple - if you don't like MoI's UI then why do you use it? Why not use one of those other programs that you mentioned that you like better? Doesn't that seem like a simple solution?

I mean sure, it would be cool if I could wave a magic wand and produce both a highly designed UI and also a highly drag/drop editable UI at the same time. But magic wands are in short supply around here so I have to focus my efforts and prioritize.

I think I have tried to explain this to you about a dozen times so far...

- Michael