WIP - MD-450 Ouragan

3186.5 In reply to 3186.3 
Hi Jean-Paul,

I haven't progressed on Kormoran either. I have been stuck getting my model of Yarra into a format for Max which does not destroy the vertex normals. Has been quite a challenge but I have finally managed to deliver the model. I hope my customer likes it when they see it. Next I need to revisit Sydney. I still need to add the Walrus and slice her up for dazzle scheme.

Quite surprising about the lack of photos for Kormoran's guns. It was a WW1 field artillery piece wasn't it? I had the same trouble finding photos of the very common British 4" HA gun. Often, what would have been great photos were made completely useless because they were the size of a postage stamp (the AWM is bad for that and I see no need for it. American sources are almost always displayed at a useful resolution). If I find anything half decent I will send it along.

I find the whole 3D printing thing fascinating. I recall another forum member has done some great spacecraft designs in MoI which were recreated in physical form using 3D printing as a first step to production. I'm looking forward to seeing your aircraft in a physical form. What scale will they be and for what purpose?

Mark

---
Mark
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~mabrown/index.html