Recommended free renderer - An old question, maybe a new answer?

3136.68 In reply to 3136.61 
PaQ and Pilou,

I've made some further tests, it seems NURBS import works fine when exporting from NX 7.5 and using Rendergins "OpenCASCADE" nurbs importer. Below you can see an example, where the solid on the left is perfectly represented, despite very complex loft and blend surfaces being present:

In addition I received this message from the Oliver Abert, regarding some import issues I was having:

"it would help if you could send me a screenshoot. However, from what you describe I am pretty sure it's a known problem occuring from to conservative NURBS parameters (for our internal stuff). You could try to increase the settings for the NURBS (in the NURBS plugin settings). However, beta 3 is quite old (from October 2010) and in the meantime we have worked a lot on all parts of the software, but especially on the NURBS. Unfortunately at this point in time I cannot say when we will release a new version. We decided to go back, work under the radar and then finally release a really polished version once it is done. Keep an eye on our homepage and/or Facebook account for major announcements hopefully in the near future!"
Attachments: