Hull Lofting Experiments and Issues

3002.3 In reply to 3002.2 
Hi Michael

>Is it possible for you to attach a 3DM model file for each of these situations you are showing screenshots for?

Done! I've attached unlofted curves, lofted loose & lofted normal. Let me know if you need anything specific.

>Ideally if you can have it zoomed in on to the lofted surface so that I can also delete it and reloft it to repeat what you did, something along those lines would help out a lot.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you want me to do some specific screenshots of what I am attempting?

> Fourth attachment shows a much better edge alignment
> with adjoining surfaces (though probably still not actually "joined"?).
>>Normally a regular Loft should be joinable to its source curve, so this could be a bug.

No need for concern here. I added the "?" because I couldn't initially get the upper surfaces to rejoin with my new loft. I separated the already joined surfaces then rejoined everything and it worked fine.

>I have some ideas in the future on some possible options for Network, so it would also be good if I could see a 3DM file with your Networked version in it so I could select the curves and repeat the Network construction over here as well.

Sounds interesting Michael. My networked version has a ton of additonal work done on it (plate extrusions and booleaned portholes etc). It might be difficult to get anything useful from it. Also, hull half alone is 16mb! I might be able to find the hull just before the extrusions were done. Let me know if you need it.

---
Mark
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~mabrown/index.html