WIP - TriClops Archery Sight

Here is a design for an archery sight I have been working on. Traditionally there is an array of pins that project into the ring and are individually adjustable for set ranges (20, 30, and 40 yards). When a target enters your line of sight you need to be able to accurately gauge the distance to the target to know which pin to use. Most people are not that good at it and the problem is worse when you are also elevated, simple trigonometry but you don’t have time to scratch it out on paper. Many use a hand held range finder but the problem I have with this is that you cannot draw your bow and use the range finder at the same time.

I’ve miniaturized the range finder and bolted it onto the sight mount. The range data is then fed to a LCD screen that is mounted in the sight circle that is readable when the bow is drawn giving you the information you need to make a pin choice with the closest adjustment. Since this is basically a HUD you could stay at draw if the target continues to move towards an exact pin setting as long as you can hold your draw.

I’ve also removed the pins and used three lasers instead. Each would be adjusted to set ranges just as traditional pins are but they would display point of impact at range instead of a ballistic reference at the bow as pins provide. You would take the range data and then select which laser to use (20, 30, or 40) and turn on that laser with one of the three tactile switches which would mount on the bow grip. One push turns on the laser constantly, another makes it flash for aiding recognition and a third turns it off.

Model in MoI and render in Hypershot. I will be piecing this together eventually and will let everyone know how it works out.