Jewelry design tutorial

284.17 In reply to 284.15 
>> There isn't yet. But I could create different sections. I've been holding off doing that for a while because it can sometimes fragment things up a bit too much to have too many discussion sections, in some ways it is nice having just one place to see all new messages...

>> But I can see that tutorials are so useful that they should be broken out in some way, either by a set of links to them somewhere, or having their own section I guess would accomplish the same thing. Any thoughts?

As the number of messages slowly increases I think sub-sections would be an interesting idea. In the long run there might be sections for tutorials, tips and tricks, WIP, gallery, specific uses (seems there are some jewellers here, maybe a "MoI for jewellers" section would be useful for them...), foreign language sections...
Also, I remember a few months ago there was a topic with a suggestion to move to another kind of forum. Maybe this thread is not the best place to debate of this but personally i feel much more at ease in PHPBB (or Vbulletin) forums even after being here for a few months. I find them more attractive, easier to use and sometimes more "fun" (you know, the avatars and smilies stuff...). There is well an option to see all new messages since last login... ;-)
Do you have any plans regarding the evolution of the forum ? Maybe this one is not currently used to it's full possibilities...
Just a few personal thinkings... ;-)