Moi is a one man show...

2420.13 In reply to 2420.12 
Hi s7r83dg3, thanks very much for your order, I really appreciate it!

re: download link - I have sent you an e-mail with an alternate link for you to try if you were having problems with the regular one. If you still run into any problems, please send me an e-mail at moi@moi3d.com and I will get it figured out.

Re: Spaceclaim - Spaceclaim actually does have some freeform modeling tools but they are limited in some aspects. It kind of has more of a general focus on making modifications to existing mechanical parts. Even though it also uses NURBS it has a pretty different way of working than MoI, so one is not really necessarily a replacement for the other.

But if you want to use NURBS as a way to do mechanical or "hard surface" type models from scratch to supplement some other animation or rendering type packages that you are also using, then MoI is a good choice for that kind of thing.

NURBS does have a pretty different way of working than polygon modeling. Probably the best way to get started is to check out the tutorial videos that show how to draw some things from scratch here:
http://moi3d.com/1.0/docs/tutorials.htm

Those go over some general principles for NURBS modeling, such as drawing profile curves, constructing shapes from the profiles, and booleaning pieces together and placing fillets.

Thanks again!

- Michael