The Brain Amplfier - 50's comp entry

2297.6 In reply to 2297.5 
Hi Tony !

<< I usually had 3 or 4 instances of MoI running at a time with various view settings depending on the complexity of the part I was modeling>>

Hey, but that's my workflow :)

Really nice entry, I really hope you'll lit this scene anytime soon !
I really enjoy using MoI for this project too, I will never get the time to experiment every surfaces shapes like I did if I had to do it with poly's.
That having said, now that the model is finished and exported, I'm starting to see a quite huge bottleneck in my workflow, called uv's.

With traditionnal (well it's traditionnal for me) subd's process, you always get a light version of you're modeling, and everything is smoothed at the
rendertime. So even with complex object, I never build more that 100.000 or 200.000 poly's (mostly quad) for my cage object, and it's quite easy to unwarp everything
with some good uv's tools (I mostly use UV-Layout).

But with models coming from MoI, I put so much detail in that I finish with huge mesh (> 2.000.000 tris), an even in ngone, unwarping this kind of models is
a big pain.

I have no idea how resolve this, so I'm really curious to ear how you manage this in modo for example, as you produce some heavy mesh too.