Scene managment....?...

2150.55 In reply to 2150.53 
Hi Anis,

> Nice, I want to see the effect if "Maintain Proportions" is unchecked.

It will be the same as using the Transform / Scale / Scale1D command - the full object will stretch in that one direction, like this:

> I know your idea behind MoI is not for replacing some constraint
> base software. Here I just want to give you some feedback to
> improve MoI, I dont want to push your original idea into a
> wrong place....

I appreciate the examples! Sometimes it may be possible to see an element of something in there that I could incorporate into MoI. Like the new "Distance from edge" option in the MoI v2 Move command basically happened like that.

But your last examples are not really like that, those are more like things that I would probably need to work on for several years before they would work in MoI (on something other than just a box), either that or I would have to license some expensive components and move the price of MoI up more in line with the price of SolidWorks.

So I just want to make sure that your expectations are in line with what is possible for me to do.

When I see an example of something that is working well in other software and would be difficult for me to add into MoI (difficult either from the amount of work involved, or possibly just not a good fit with MoI's UI), it actually tends to make me think sort of the reverse actually. I mean that I tend to think that I don't really need to worry so much about adding that function into MoI because it is already being handled well by something else. So if you need to do that kind of task you are already covered by using that other software.

- Michael
Attachments: