Scene managment....?...

2150.41 In reply to 2150.35 
Hi Anis -

> How to change 3D model directly from 5 to 7mm

This new system will also allow you edit the size of a sub-object like an edge or a face, like this:

I'll probably also be tweaking that a bit, to show length for a line and radius for a circle, rather than x,y,z bounding information for those particular kinds of objects.

But this new system is for setting the size of the entire object, it will not do "constraint" based type operations that may extend and alter interior regions of a shape differently than the shape as a whole.

That kind of interior part modifying requires a lot different kind of mechanism behind it which I don't expect to have incorporated into MoI anytime soon. For that you should use one of those "direct manipulation" style modeling systems instead, like SpaceClaim, Siemens NX, Kubotek, etc... Or it also sounds like there is some new stuff available in SolidWorks for that as well? At any rate, if you need to do those kinds of operations those other modeling systems will be the proper tool for that kind of a job, not MoI.

Just keep in mind that MoI is not particularly focused on being a complete replacement for one of those kinds of modeling systems. If the things you need to do are solved very well already by one of those other systems, then I generally expect that you should use them for that task and not MoI.

- Michael

EDITED: 16 Nov 2008 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Attachments: