Tongs

Hi Al :) Which version of Flamingo are you using, it looks like V1 ? I remember that V1 did not have HDRI environment, but at least you can put a rectangular image, set to spherical and it will help with reflections. Also i think you are killing your scene with too many hard spotlights. I am attaching a file here with an example using just two colored rectangular lights, gradient environment, and soft shadows. Soft shadows in Flamingo are really bad (and slow) compared to other engines, but you must use them if you want to get a decent render quality... If you plan to continue with Flamingo, i think you will get much better results by upgrading to V2. Although the "mistakenly slipped out" WIP version of Flamingo NxT absolutely KILLS Flamingo 2 in every way. Did you catch that download before they removed the link? It's a very cool engine. Very fast, good quality, progressive rendering, drag and drop UI, good material preview and soooooooo easy to use... I really don't think too many people are buying Flamingo 2. It's rumored that Rhino 5 beta will expose the full Toucan render engine which has been hidden under the surface of Rhino 4. And it seems to be more advanced than Flamingo 2...

jonah
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 58.8 KB, Downloaded: 39 times, Dimensions: 605x404px