SIGGRAPH 2008

1855.13 In reply to 1855.9 
Hi Anis, Hi PaQ, I didn't get any photos at SIGGRAPH itself (forgot to bring my camera), but I did get some at home when I was practicing setting up my booth:

It's a little hard to see here but each of the gallery images has the author printed in the bottom of it.

Also one change was that I got the text poster redone about 50% larger from what you see here.

Then at SIGGRAPH I had a wide conference table in front of that wall, with a computer and wide screen monitor on it to give demos on.

It was a much nicer setup than I've had at any previous one, having that collapsible wall to velcro stuff on to was really nice.

Quite a lot of people stopped by to check out MoI - a lot that had not heard of it before so it was really great to go there to reach some more people!

There were quite a variety of people who stopped by, some industrial designers, jewelers, people using animation and rendering tools looking for something to supplement their toolset, people starting out in CNC milling, several educators, some architects, some people from the press, several grad students doing research work on User Interface stuff, ...

One designer mentioned he originally thought that MoI was just a toy but after he saw the depth of functionality especially in construction lines he was just completely blown away, like eyes bugging out of his head practically... :) The amount of functionality in that area tends to really surprise people because MoI's construction lines has quite a lot of unique stuff.

Also a few MoI users stopped by, it was great to meet some people in person!

MoI was also installed on all the machines in the "Studio" which was much expanded this year - it is an area with a bunch of different gear and computers where people can go to mess around and try stuff out. I also gave a lecture/presentation in the studio one evening as well.

Overall a very successful (and tiring from talking nonstop!) conference I would say.

- Michael
Attachments: