MoI in Develop3D magazine

1722.2 In reply to 1722.1 
Josh Mings from Develop3d: >>However, I wouldn't choose MoI to create a precise model,.....

Huh!! why not ??

Does this mean I should get my model back from the prototyping mob and tell the customer not to make the mould because the dimensions he gave me are not correct coming out of MoI ;)
Obviously Josh didn't go into the review of each app deeply enough.

Michael ! whats going on ? Both Josh and David Diamond don't think that the precision is there in MoI.
I've checked this, when I export a solid from MoI as iges and import it into a high end app and sew all the sheets back up again with a 0.01mm tolerance, it becomes a 'proper' solid again with no errors and when I measure the model I made in MoI at 23.52mm it actually measures 23.52mm in any other 3d app I bring it into. So I don't know what these guys are talking about ????

The thing is that coming from an engineering background, if I happened to read these two articles about MoI, I wouldn't of even tried MoI with statements like that about it's precision, I'm so glad that I found MoI as a junior 3d app and watch it kick ass as it matures.

Michael, I think you have to educate these reviewers a bit more on the capabilities of this fine app.

Cheers
~Danny~