feature request. Inferencing

1657.8 In reply to 1657.6 
Hi issac,

> ps. Maybe try drawing a similar shape as seen in the begining of
> this ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=rDvwHon6-zY&feature=user )
> video using moi's construction lines in a similar 3D view orientation.
> I tried this and it took me quite a few more steps to do.

Is this the thing that you're talking about near the beginning of that video:

It's really pretty straight-forward to do that same thing in MoI - every spot in there where the tutorial hovers over a spot to activate the inference in MoI you would instead click down and drag to activate it instead. But I mean you move the mouse over the exact same areas of the screen, it is very similar...

Maybe your problem is you have Straight Snap turned off in the bottom toolbar? To pull out construction lines aligned with an axis direction you're going to want to have Straight Snap enabled, you should click it in the bottom toolbar to make sure it is highlighted in orange.

Here's a screen recording showing how to do the same thing in MoI - I've tried to use the same 3D orientation, etc... The first click sets the base point of the line, then to get the "inference point" you move your mouse up there, click down and hold down and drag away from it, creating that construction line. Then there is an snap available at the spot you want:

Are you doing something a lot different than this to end up with many more steps?

- Michael