Open the save menu need a long time (large model problem)

1351.7 In reply to 1351.3 
Hi Micha,

> I'm not sure, what lower export quality means, best would be, to give it a try.

It would generally mean a lot more polygons than necessary, and less alignment between adjacent surfaces. The overall mesh appearance would be less orderly than what you currently get.

But it would take some time to experiment with it and I don't think that it is really the direction that most people need the export mesher to go (less quality but faster)... Most people have asked for even more quality instead.

It seems like maybe the other option to dump out the display mesh would fit this purpose better.

I do expect to do some work in the future to make both the display mesher and export mesher take advantage of multi-core CPUs, which will help the export speed out in general, but probably not for this particular case you have of one single complex surface.

> * max edge length

Like Petr mentioned, this one is handled by "Divide larger than" in MoI.

> * max distance edge surface (max error)

I think I should be able to add this one for v2.

> Also Options like "quad only" could be great.

I'd like to experiment with this at some point in the future, but it requires a completely different meshing process than the current one. The current one is focused on trying to make a highly optimized mesh using only what vertices are necessary. Doing quads only means tiling some areas with a large number of quads instead of having a single large n-gon there. It's a completely different problem. Here is a recent message on this with an illustration: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1322.8 .

- Michael