Selection problems

1093.3 In reply to 1093.1 
Hi knightxor - thanks for reporting this problem. I can repeat it here - it sometimes won't happen because it is dependent on the order which the objects were created in.

I think I should be able to fix this up, but in the meantime you can instead use the Transform / Move command to reposition the object in this case. That command is a little different than direct dragging since dragging has the possibility to alter the selection, while Move will not mess around with the selection.

> Also when there is a lot of isoparms it's difficult to select 3d shape made of
> these isoparms it would be really useful to have hotkeys to select only special
> kind of objects like hotkey for selecting 3d shapes only and hotkey for selecting
> isoparms or faces only.

I definitely want to add a kind of selection filter mechanism to v2 to help with selecting only certain types of objects.

For now sometimes it helps to hide other objects (you can also hide edges and face sub-objects) if they are interfering with selections.

One thing that I'm not quite sure about with your request - when you say "isoparms", do you mean edge curves of a solid or are you talking about regular curve objects that are not attached to the solid (like just a line segment drawn with Draw curve / line) ? Because there is already a mechanism in place that prevents sub-object edge curves from being selected if the solid is not selected, you can only select them on a second click. The first click will never target edges and only target the solid as a whole.

If you see something that looks like an edge being highlighted on the first click, that means it is a curve object that is not attached to the solid. Often times this will be the original curves that you used to create the solid, like the curve that you extruded from, etc... It can be a good idea to hide or delete these original shapes to get them out of the way.

Here are some scripts that you can set up on a shortcut key (go to Options / Shortcut keys) that may help you:

Select all curve objects:
code:
script:moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getCurves().setProperty( 'selected', true );

Hide all curve objects:
code:
script:moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getCurves().setProperty( 'hidden', true );

Hide all surface/solid objects:
code:
script:moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getBReps().setProperty( 'hidden', true );

There are several other ones listed on Petr's web page here: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi .

- Michael